For this response I was told to find part of this weeks reading about evolution of media and identify and give details on ideas I found interesting. The first, a phonograph is something I had never known about prior to the reading. Music is such an integral part of my life, so it was interesting to read the progression of audio. There were 78 rpm, to 33.5 rpm machines, then the cassette of course, we all remember flipping from side ‘a’ to ‘b’. Also, from the reading, I learned that in large cities messenger services are available. There is a blackberry torch commercial with a guy riding his bike around san Francisco as a delivery rider. He states he needs his blackberry torch to do it because of the apps it offers, however I see the bigger picture now. That blackberry torch (or like device) could soon be the messenger itself! The idea that packages could eventually be sent by machine, through automated mail cart through tubes, essentially traveling the city electronically really was a wake-up call. We have come very far since the 15th century when wood was cut, and ink laid on it, to produce a print (a beautiful form of art) is something many, including myself, have grown accustomed to just having.
I thought your post was interesting, the article you chose had a lot of new information to me. I never knew about that app for the blackberry, that seems crazy to me. I guess it just shows how increasingly dependent we are on our phones to be able to do almost anything. I have noticed how many more people have smartphones now in comparison to even this time last year, with apps that can do almost anything it seems like people who don't have them are on the outs. Whether this is really true or not, I don't know.
ReplyDelete